When Old Girl Alexandra Brown arrived at The Study, at the start of Year 5, she had never run further than 300ms on Sports Day! She then met Miss Dalgleish and Mrs Messeder at The Study and her sporting life was transformed. She was given such good coaching, self-belief, the importance of the team, and the desire to strive for excellence. She left The Study in 2012 to go to Putney High School.
Here is a selection of Alex’s sporting results over the last 18 months.
- Ranked number one in the UK 2013, U13 girls - at 1500m (in a time of 4.51.4 - run at Gateshead International Stadium for Putney High School in June 2013);
- Surrey County 1500m U13 champion - in a County Championship Best Performance - May 2013;
- Ranked 7th in the UK 2013, U13 girls - at 800m (in a time of 2.23 - run in Hampshire in June 2013)
- For her school - English Schools Cup National Cross Country Champion 2012 (Bolton) and 2013 (Southend) - on the first occasion helping Putney High School take the national team gold and on the second, the national team bronze.
- For her club (Herne Hill Harriers) - team titles: member of the winning U13 girls' team in the following races - Southern Road and cross country relay champions (2012 and 2103); National Cross country and road relay Champions - (2012 and 2013); National Cross Country Champions (Sunderland) - 2013.
- For her club - Surrey County Cross Country Champion - 2014;
- For her borough (Wandsworth) - London Youth Games Champion - Parliament Hill - November 2013.
- Acquired a place in the Surrey Elite England Pathway Development Squad (years 8 and 9) - 2013/14.
- For her club (Richmond Ravers) - plays Centre - Surrey Club Champions - 2013; currently leading Epsom League.
Alex with Steve Cram at the National Cross Country Championships in Sunderland in Feb 2013.