From its inception, in 1893, the history of The Study has been one of expansion and continual modernisation.
The Study was founded by Miss Sidford, a governess who taught in the study of a large house in Wimbledon. From these modest beginnings, the growing school moved first to a local church hall and then, in 1903, to purpose built premises in Peek Crescent, now known as Spencer House.
In 1975, the Study became a registered charity with a Board of Governors.
The ever increasing popularity of the school dictated further expansion in 1992 when Wilberforce House, in Camp Road, was acquired and completely refurbished to provide a light, colourful and welcoming environment for our younger girls.
Today, we have approximately 320 girls in the school, with two parallel classes in each year group and across the two sites.